As part of the Calvin Klein Menswear team, the designer is responsible for designing and executing Non-Denim Pants and Casual Shirting (Sportswear) and has a strong understanding of the product category he/she is responsible for and works closely with developer handling these categories. As Team work is a big value, collaborations between all designers working on Calvin Klein Menswear is highly promoted.
The designer is responsible for designing and executing Non-Denim Pants and Casual Shirting (Sportswear) and has a strong understanding of the product category he/she is responsible for.
The designers has a good knowledge about what is happening in the market: can feel trends and is open for new innovations.
The Key Objective is to ensure creative commercial product ranges are designed and developed for the division, in line with the Calvin Klein brand identity.
He/she will be reporting directly to the Senior Design Director of Calvin Klein Menswear.
- Designing sketches, design details, technical details and internal construction for the above mentioned categories.
- Responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections according to range plan.
- Researching trends that work into the Calvin Klein brand strategy, translating these into the collection on the direction of the Senior Design Director.
- Preparing all garment worksheets and style overviews for divisional presentations and following up on each style that has been selected for the collection.
- Responsible for preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to high standard for sending to the buying offices globally.
- Involved in fabric research, fabric selection process and managing the fabric archive and seasonal fabrics.
- Works closely and communicate daily on issues that arise from the developments of designs, partner with the product developer to ensure smooth work flow.
- Close cooperation with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings, working closely with Sr. Design Director for direction and how to execute each style per season. To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process.
Traveling to Far East and India is required for this position.
The ideal candidate
- Graduated from a BA or MA Fashion Program
- At least 4/5 years experience in non-denim pants and casual shirting
- Good understanding of constructions and materials.
- Very good feeling for patterns (checks, stripes, plaids,…|) and knowledge of how to translate them into the modern CK DNA.
- Very good knowledge of designing technical sketches with a detailed eye.
- Organized, enthusiastic , easy to adapt and flexible with change.
- Knows how to present the ideas/sketches at different stages: from sketch review to proto reviews.
- Work independently as well as in a team.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons
- Stays calm when deadlines must be met and is highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Creative with fresh ideas, with the ability to be creative within commercial restraints.
- Willingness to travel and a non 9-to-5 mentality is needed for this role
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop is a must, knowledge of 3D software is a plus)
What you can expect from us
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafe'sA company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities