PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner’s, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co. intimates brand. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.7 billion in annual revenues. That’s the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
Department and Team
This critical role uses a deep understanding of fashion to outfit, style and capture visual content that quickly resonates with our consumers. Working closely with PVH Studios’ Art Directors and PVH Creative Marketing teams, you will lead ‘On-Model’ and ‘Still-Life’ shoots and style aspirational images that adhere to guidelines but elevate our brands. You will be comfortable working on ad-hoc projects as well as consistent E-Commerce image production. Reporting into the PVHS Creative & Production Manager, the role balances commercial, strategic AND creative considerations. It is comfortable working fast and continually sense-checks the aesthetic quality-bar to ask “What is enough for the consumer?” It elevates quality but within reasonable commercial boundaries. The role is vigilant against complexity, exception and subjectivity. In terms of behavior, the Stylist adeptly navigates ambiguity and remains calm and pragmatic when creative direction unavoidably changes. They role-model the PVHS ‘HOW WE ACT’ principles.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to be aware of ALL incoming volumes ands shoots each season
- Connect with external stakeholders, internal leadership peers and functional leads to optimize seasonal shoot windows and ensure Studio teams are aware of all incoming workloads
- With the Studio Planner, drive detailed long and short-term shoot scheduling to optimize Bay Utilization metric
- Direct model-booking strategy to optimize cost efficiency and aesthetic suitability
- Define, implement, maintain and continuously improve all Planning functions to fulfill wider business goals and objectives
- Manage flow of 3rd Party and Special Projects Shoot requests
- Make data-led recommendations on future scopes, challenges and solutions to leadership based on Planning insight
- Manage production of seasonal Pre-Style, On-Model, Off-Model and 3rd Party shoots as well as other content that maybe allocated to PVH Studios at any given time
- Alongside the Creative Manager, lead Producers to source Tier-A talent and suppliers to deliver against TH and CK Creative Guidelines.
- Define and implement talent-booking and review processes for Producers
- Set local ‘rate-benchmarks’ through cost vs. performance analysis and ensure adherence.
- Develop processes and systems to assist 3rd parties (internal and external) using the space.
- Run programmatic ‘Post-Mortems’ with team and stakeholders where deadlines, budgets or quality are missed. Communicate outcome and recommendations of such PM’s to all parties and PVH leadership
- Be primary escalation point across business
Shoot & Image Delivery Management:
- Alongside the Creative Manager, set daily Productivity Targets for On-Set teams through Producers
- Alongside the Creative Manager, manage daily shoots to ensure productivity targets are hit without compromising aesthetic quality
- Create ownership and management process of freelancer performance
- Set-up and implement procedures for when circumstances or plans abruptly changes
- Lead Post-Production function with ultimate accountability for timely image delivery
Financials & Metrics
- Advize and steer ‘best-practice’ high-volume studio Financial & Reporting mechanisms
- Develop and implement processes to allow financial inputs that enable accurate reporting and compliance
- Work closely with PVH Marketing Financial Controllers to adhere to PVH protocols
- Create shoot estimates for 3rd Party and Special Projects and ensure costs are correctly allocated or recharged
- Work closely with Studios’ Leadership to help deliver key metric reports and KPI analysis on monthly basis
- Autonomously analyze expenditure and recommend cost-efficiencies to business leadership.
- Manage a team of at least 4 x direct reports (Producer, Model Booker, Planner, Post-Production Lead)
- Train, develop, coach and nurture all direct reports
- Lead fortnightly ‘agenda-led’ 1:1’s for a minimum of half an hour with all direct reports
- Perform ongoing performance assessment of direct reports
- Set clear long and short-term objectives and priorities using SMART goals
- Perform annual performance assessments of all direct reports as per PVH corporate processes.
- Manage poor-performance and coach improvement
- Remain operationally active to lead by example
- Promote understanding and uptake of PVH Studios’ ‘HOW WE ACT’ principles at all times
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 8 x years’ experience in a lead Production role within high-volume Ecommerce fashion photography workflows
- Varied background in balancing creative with commercial, operational and strategic business acumen
- Acute financial and fiscal awareness
- Hunger to drive automation and standardize workflows whilst maintaining creative standards and elevation
- Strong supplier and stakeholder management skills
- Proven track-record of inspiring, managing and directing photography and/or video Production teams (comprising of Producers, Model-Bookers, Post-Producers, Assistants as well as freelance shoot crews and talent.)
*Flexibility on scope of role is critical as PVH Studios continues to evolve alongside wider business change and consumer demands. As such, duties described here may change and are not exhaustive. *
What You Can Expect From Us
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafe'sA company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
And please don’t forget to include a short motivation letter – we want to know why this is THE opportunity for you!